It’s been a pretty lazy weekend over here in Chicago – I haven’t been feeling well, so I’ve spent the last few days resting in bed and watching the Olympics. Not that I like being sick, but I managed to get sick on a weekend where there is no shortage of cool sporting events to watch on TV, and I definitely never got bored! I also had plenty of time to browse the Internet to find my picks for this post, and it was SO hard to narrow down my choices. There’s so much happening! That said, after a lot of arguing with myself, here are my “Lindsay Loves” for the week.
- Did you watch Stranger Things yet? If so, you know in your heart that Barb is the best, and that we are all Barb in our hearts. Vulture published an ode to the breakout character of the summer, and it’s perfect. (If you STILL haven’t watched, we can’t be friends until you do. Sorry.)
- I was just saying the other day that it’s totally possible for a plus-size gal to love herself and be confident and also want to change. Chrissy Metz, who will be starring on the show This is Us in the fall, nails that sentiment and is hoping that her role on the show will break barriers and shatter the norm for the “fat friend” archetype, as told in this interview with BuzzFeed.
- The Kitten Olympics are a thing, and they are the best thing. It’s exactly what it sounds like – the Olympics, but with cats. Vanity Fair published the photos from the TV event (aired August 5), and I can’t stop petting my computer screen.
- Normally I’m not a huge fan of TV mock news shows that rant and rave, but John Oliver’s most recent piece on local newspapers hit home for me. I grew up reading newspapers and shelving them as a library volunteer, I majored in journalism in college, and I still freelance – newspapers shaped me, and they’re definitely the foundation on which today’s crazy media cycle was built.
- Martha Stewart and Snoop Dogg will host a ‘Dinner Party’ TV show on VH1 this fall. Yes, you read that correctly.
What are your favorite things on the web this week? Share in the comments!